Saturday, October 09, 2010

Stop and Smell the Roses...

“We tend to forget that happiness doesn't come as a result of getting something we don't have, but rather of recognizing and appreciating what we do have.”
 -Frederick Keonig
I watch my 8 year old sister get upset and pout for hours when she doesn't get her way; when she doesn't get what she wants. I watch my 13 year old sister try to fit in with the "big kids" and be mature yet still suscumb to selfishness every now and then. And I've learned at the age of 18 that life isn't always about me, me, me. That it's ok to stop worrying about what will help me or make me happy and just look around. Take it all in and realize how great I truly do have life. And how grateful I am for the people and love in my life. So try and take time to just stop and smell the roses...

No comments:

Post a Comment