Monday, September 27, 2010

Let The Little Fish Go...

"I know it's tough to let the first one go, but sometimes in life you have to let the little fish go so you can catch a bigger fish."
-Chris Taylor (aka my dad)
After going through a rough time letting what I thought was my first love go, my dad told me these words of wisdom. I still smile thinking back to that day and how it really helped me. There are two parts to this quote. One is that I will openly admit my dad is smarter than me. He has lived just a tad bit longer and has experienced so much more than I have in my short 18 years of living. He has learned from has past, mistakes and all, and it's made him the person he is today. The second part is that in order to move on with life we do have to let the little fish go. If we keep holding on to them and don't move on then where does that get us in life? Absolutely no where. My challenge is this: If you're struggling with something or someone and it's holding you back, just let it or them go. There are bigger fish in the sea.

No comments:

Post a Comment